Judith Beck

Judith Beck

Judith Beck



The Judith Beck estate is a 15 hectres of vines, located in the Burgenland commune of Gols, in the Neusiedlersee region, the warmest side of the Lake Neusiedl. It is the first to harvest, and the production center of its finest full-bodied, dry red wines.

The winery has been farming biodynamically since 2007, using native Austrian varieties with 85% of the area planted to red varieties – Blauer, Zweigelt, Blaufrankisch, St. Laurent, Pinot Noir and Merlot, and the remaining 15% planted to white varieties – Welschriesling, Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay. In the summer. Indeed, this is Austria’s warmest wine growing area,

In order to produce authentic wines, they also avoid inoculated yeasts of any kind, and minimise sulphur, fining or filtration, with her Bambule! range epitomising this philosophy. Bambule! is a regional expression meaning that the wines are nor “silent” and in Judith’s own words, “International style can be produced by everyone, everywhere. My wines are my own. They are here and now. And that is for me the most beautiful thing. Like my life in the vineyards.”

“I seriously believe in this low-intervention winemaking and I am going to continue like that. For me this is not about a trend, but a deeply help commitment.”

The philosophy of the domaine is aptly put by Judith: “Wine and the joy of living and pleasure all go hand in hand. We prefer wines which captivate all of our senses with each new bottle and each new sip.” Judith Beck

A reminiscent of mountain herbs, green apple and hay with subtle structuring tannins on the palate. Bambule! is referred to the range of wines made without filtration or added sulphur.

A juicy and vibrant blend of 80% Zweigelt and 20% St. Laurent. Fermentation occurs spontaneously, in stainless steel tanks then racked off skins and moved into acacia wood casks for 2 months’ malolactic fermentations

St. Laurent is a very special grape, characterized by smooth and delicious summer berry aromas. A long finish wine with pronounced acidity and low alcohol.

The grapes are handpicked, 50% destemmed, 50% whole bunch, with 8 days of maceration on the skins. They are then pressed, alcoholic fermentation is finished in old barrels, with 12 months of aging on the lees.

Blurring the line between dark rose and light red; an easy drinking dark and fruity Blaufränkisch